Thursday 24 February 2011

New MacBook Pro's

Well, just to spoil my predictions for next weeks media event, or to celebrate Steve Job's birthday, (Happy Birthday Steve if you are reading this), Apple went ahead and announced the new MacBook Pro today.
Long over due, some say, Apple's flagship laptops are now looking decidedly tasty;

(15 - 17 Inch Versions)
2.0gHz - 2.2gHz Quad i7 Core Intel Sandy Bridge Processors
4GB RAM (Expandable upto 8GB)
500GB - 750GB Hard Drive
AMD 6490M Graphics with 256MB Video RAM or AMD 6750M Graphics with 1GB Video RAM

Prices coming in at, you might want to sit down if your not already, $1799 - $2499. Not cheap for a laptop, or a desktop for that matter. Of course you could have the 13 inch version, with runs on dual i5 chips, and has Intel HD graphics processors. But they still come in at $1199 - $1499 depending on spec.
All of the above come with the normal input ports, such as USB, SD Card slot etc, but Apple has also introduced a hybrid Thunderbolt/mini Display port on the new MacBook Pros. This represents Intel's Light Peak technology which is said to offer high speed connections and is expected to replace the need for USB 3.0. Also they have included a HD iSight camera for all your Facetime needs, (plus I just had to fork out 59p for the official 1.0 version of Facetime, but these come with it free.)
Shame my current MacBook is only a year old, or I might have to rob a bank and get one of these beauties! Sadly I feel my wife might kick my ass if I got one....

No comments:

Post a Comment